Qualification and testing
We have qualified our general design methodology and production process in accordance with the new DNV standard for TCP, DNVGL RP F119. With this, Airborne Oil & Gas is the world’s first company to be certified and qualified for the design and production of TCP. In addition, we have qualified our products for major international operators, contractors and service companies.
Our certificates can be downloaded here.
Airborne Oil & Gas has been at the forefront of the development and acceptance of a new global standard for TCP. As result of this, late 2015 DNVGL published this new Recommended Practice DNVGL F119, intended for Thermoplastic Composite Pipes in offshore applications. It is a design based approach for qualifying TCP, at lowest cost possible. It builds on having a fundamental understanding of the design, materials and production of the TCP:
- Thorough understanding of the application, including all load cases, temperatures and fluids, both during installation and in service conditions
- Validated design methods, understanding and accurately predicting all the failure modes of the pipe and end-fittings
- Detailed material models based on material testing, showing the behaviour and strength of materials under influence of time, temperature and fluids
- Proven and robust production, capable of producing continuous length, repeatedly
By combining a solid basis on material level with the certified design and production methods, the final product is qualified using a limited number of full scale test; this way both time and cost are minimised. We are progressing to achieve full product certification for all our products.
The Recommended Practice can be downloaded from the website of DNV GL, following the link below: DNV GL RP F119
Beyond our qualifications under DNVGL, we are qualified by several major operators and contractors following other standards and client specific guidelines:
- We have qualified the TCP Flowline for several major operators according to API 15S as well as client specific requirements
- Our TCP Downline is qualified for leading contractors and service companies
- Our TCP Jumpers are qualified for both leading operators as well as service companies
We provide training to our clients and their staff on our design and qualification methods. For more information please e-mail us.
See a Bending fatigue test with Internal Pressure on Thermoplastic Composite Pipe, conducted in accordance to the DNV RP F119.